Oct 8, 2010

I Love Animals

I am dedicating this post to the animals I have seen so far in Hong Kong. I figured it appropriate I dedicate at least one post to them since, after all, I hope to work with them for the rest of my life!


These first pictures are of wild monkeys in the Hong Kong mountains. I had the opportunity to go with a few of the veterinarians from Ocean Park on a monthly trip they take to go 'Monkey Catching.' During this 'monkey catching' the lure monkeys into a large cage with food. The day I went there were about 40 monkeys in total. Once they are caught they are given anesthesia in order to get their weight, temperature, give them a vaccine, and if they are a mature female they are spayed. This project was created to control the problem of overpopulation of the monkeys in the area as well as vaccinate them against spreading disease.

All the monkeys together about to be released!

Sleeping monkeys waiting to get vaccines

Baby monkeys waiting for mom!
This is one of the Sea Lions from Pacific Pier at Ocean Park


This is Ginsan, one of the dolphins participating in our research project at Ocean Park

Ginsan and I . . . I can't wait to do more training with him!

Red Panda at Ocean Park

Giant Panda at Ocean Park

1 comment:

  1. I have not watch red panda everytime I went there.
    I think I should go there to take a look of it.

    ReplyDelete