Nov 15, 2010

First Thanksgiving Away from Home

This will be the first Thanksgiving I have not spent in Minnesota in a long time. It is making me a bit home sick. But I am extremely comforted by the fact that I will have family here with me! I am so excited for my mom, Auntie Neenie, and Grandma Joan to come visit me in Hong Kong. We are even trying to go out for a 'Thanksgiving dinner' :)

But, I will still miss the traditional American (Minnesota) Thanksgiving.

The things I will miss the most?


Thanksgiving decorations
Fires in the fireplace - snuggled up in a blanket  
Bundling up in cute jackets and scarves
Cute/warm boots to trudge through the snow
My meat-less turkey
Baking and eating pumpkin pie
Snow (I know MN already has some!)
Being able to see your breath when you walk outside




Although I will be missing some favorite traditions this year, I am very thankful to be in Hong Kong and have this amazing opportunity and to experience a new culture and country. I am also thankful that I have an amazing family, who is willing to travel half way around the world to come visit me! I am truly blessed.

Love, Kels

1 comment:

  1. How could shopping with me, Rae & Gina not be one of the things you miss at Thanksgiving?! :)

    ReplyDelete